About the Fellowship:
The Department of Mysticism and Spirituality at Al-Mahdi Institute invites applications for a visiting research fellow to spend up to three months at the institute. This post is available from 1st February 2024 on a fixed term basis until 25 July 2024. The applicant must have a defined program of research and willingness to contribute to the activities of the department during their stay. They must have a strong research interest in Shīʿī manifestations of mysticism, spirituality or psychology and will have an established international reputation in the field of Islamic studies.
We are pleased to provide visiting research fellows with the following benefits:
- An economy return ticket.
- Accommodation (single ensuite room with access to a shared kitchen), utilities, free parking, shared office space, and Wi-Fi for a maximum of 3 months.
- A stipend of £300/month.
- Full access to the AMI library and gym.
- A warm, peaceful, inclusive, scholarly environment.
- Freedom and support to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines to produce internationally exciting research.
- Close access to Birmingham’s sites and culture as well as some of the most scenic areas in the United Kingdom.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the post please contact Zoheir Esmail at [email protected].
Interviews are expected to take place on the week of 8th January 2024.