If you would like your Nikah to be conducted at Al-Mahdi Institute, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote and to ensure your that desired date is available. Please fill out the Nikah application form here at least four weeks prior to the booking. Make sure that the details you fill in the form are exactly the ones appearing on your passport or the valid ID as the information you provide will be used to issue your certificate. If you would like to have your Civil marriage and Nikah together, please fill out the application form here.
On the day of the marriage, the bride and bridegroom are required to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the appointed time to ensure there is enough time to check all documentation and fees before the ceremony commences. You will need to provide valid photographic identification with proof of your name, age and nationality before the Nikah is recited. This can include your passport, driving license, national ID card. One copy of the Nikah certificate will be given free of charge; each additional copy will be charged at £10.00 if requested at the same time and £15.00 if requested after the date of the marriage.
You are eligible to have your Nikah recited at AMI if:
- You are free to marry (single, divorced or widowed)
- You are over 18 years old (or 16-18 years old with parental consent)
- The bride has consent from the father, paternal grandfather or guardian (if the father and grandfather are deceased or estranged) if it is the bride’s first marriage.
- You are divorced, and you are able to provide a court decree absolute or final order from the United Kingdom or legal department of any other country and a Talaq certificate.
- You are widowed, and you are able to provide the death certificate of your former partner.